Rebecca Saldaña is a progressive leader with decades of experience fighting for economic, social and racial justice.
Raised in Delridge in a union household, Rebecca learned early on the importance of working together in community to fight discrimination and injustice. The values she learned at home are what led her to begin her career as a union organizer.
From her work as an organizer with Oregon’s farm workers’ union, PCUN, and SEIU Local 6, to her work now as our State Senator, Rebecca has dedicated her career to standing up for immigrant rights, a fair economy, and a more equitable society.
Rebecca is running because now – more than ever – we need fierce advocates for workers, immigrants, seniors, women, children and communities of color.
As State Senator, Rebecca has been - and will continue to be - a strong voice for our community and stand up for our most deeply held values: inclusion, dignity, and justice for all.
Rebecca Saldaña is running to continue serving as the 37th District’s State Senator. She has lived and worked in our community for over a decade and with her husband, David raises her family in Rainier Beach.
Experience and Leadership
Rebecca has the experience to lead on the issues that matter.
- Puget Sound Sage, Executive Director
- Rainier Beach Action Coalition, Board member
- U.S. Congressman Jim McDermott, Community Liaison
- 37th District Democrats,
- SEIU Local 6, Union Organizer
- United Farm Workers and Oregon’s Farmworker union, PCUN, Community Organizer
- Alliance of Clean Jobs and Energy, Board Member
- The Fair Work Center, Board Member
- Washington Environmental Council, Board Member
- Latino Community Fund of Washington, Former Board member