COMMUNITY ORGANIZER POSITION
Southeast Seattle Area
Full-time Community Organizer
OPPORTUNITY: You have the opportunity to work with a very experienced campaign team that is committed to changing the way we run campaigns in Washington State. We are looking to breath new life into democracy. We believe that the future of our democracy is grounded in the leadership of women, young people, and people of color. We believe in inclusion, dignity, and justice for all. You also have the opportunity to mentor a pool of fellows and volunteers.
SUMMARY: Rebecca Saldaña is running for re-election and is looking for a full-time field organizer. The ideal candidate is someone with knowledge of the district, is committed to activating a diverse voting base, and will be an engaged member of a campaign team that is fighting for social, racial, and economic justice.
- Identify, recruit and develop community members and help develop them as political activists, committee members, and leaders
- Engage with previously unactivated and low-propensity voters via canvassing, community involvement, and social media to bring them into our participatory democracy
- Use social media to elevate campaign messaging and organizing efforts
- Implement and manage a Student Fellows program
- Occasionally participate in public policy and political activity at varying government levels
- Represent Rebecca Saldaña in community and labor coalitions, when necessary
- Help design and implement communication programs with the community
- Other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to work independently but also as part of the campaign team; Self-starter, effective oral and written communication skills; ability to work well with diverse people; computer literate; organizational leadership experience required; and ability to exercise high level of judgment, Additional preferred qualifications are experience in video editing and production and bilingualism.
PREFERENCES: People of color, multilingual, womxn, and LBGTQ+ candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION: $20 per hour
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Submit by email a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and why you believe you are qualified; a current resume, an example of a post you would make to Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat encouraging voter registration or voting, a link to a YouTube video you have made that you think is compelling, and references to:
Rebecca Saldaña for State Senate:
Attention: Jason Hahn
MAIL: P.O. Box 20776
Seattle, WA 98102